Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mia's latest




I thought you might enjoy this....

I am FAR from a seamstress.
As a matter a fact I limit my sewing to Buttons, random holes, pillows (REALLY BASIC RECTANGLES) etc I can patch up, but my skills have never surpassed those taught to me in 6th grade Home Ec.

Mia has decided she wants to sew. I am really busy so anything to keep her from under my feet for 15 minutes, I encourage. She started a week ago, sewing JPs torn baseball pillow. Last night, in all of the hub bub she wanted to sew JP's elephant's ear. Well, JP has had Elephant since he was 3, he wanted no parts of Mia touching elephant (plus she is the one who ripped the ear). So, I found a promotional scarf (ringspun cotton in a lovely shade of babydoll pink, that I will NEVER wear) and told Mia to make Lily a shirt. Surprisingly, between Lil's amazing fashion sense, and Mia's determination to figure things out the girls came up with a great little off the shoulder shirt. I think Dolce & Gabbana are safe for now. However, haute couture was alive in our living room last night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home